Michael is a principal at Origin Investments, a private real estate investment firm that operates more than 5,000 multi-family units in 14 cities, across 8 states.
Michael brings 25 years of investment and risk management experience to the company and believes that calculated risk-taking in inefficient markets is the key to building wealth. After a 16-year trading career, Michael retired from trading in late 2005.
In 2007, Michael and his business partner founded Origin Investments. In the 14 years since, Origin has executed more than $2.3 billion in real estate transactions, with an average equity multiple of 2.4x, and has never produced a realized loss for any of their 1,400 investment partners.
“We always say at our company: you only need to get rich once…we are really good risk managers, and our job is to make sure, number one, that we don’t lose money and number 2 is that we position ourselves in a way, make really good choices, put ourselves in good assets, and let the upside take care of itself.”
03:05 – Michael tells listeners how he got started in real estate.
10:45 – Michael discusses being disciplined at Origin’s inception during the 2008 recession.
14:40 – Michael describes asset classes Origin has explored.
17:20 – Michael explains strategy and how Origin acts as an LP.
23:22 – Michael provides insight into the markets they love and those they’re avoiding.
27:47 – Michael touches on retention strategies.
34:07 – Michael answers Kevin’s golden nugget question and what he should have done differently.
- Check out our company and our investment opportunity by visiting www.SunriseCapitalInvestors.com
- Self Directed IRA Investment Opportunity – Click Here To Learn More About How You Can Invest With Us Through Your SDIRA
- Accredited Investors Click Here to learn more about partnering with me and my team on Mobile Home Park deals!
- Grab a free copy of my latest book “The 21 Biggest Mistakes Investors Make When Purchasing their First Mobile Home Park…and how to avoid them MobileHomeParkAcademy.com
- Schedule your free 30 minute “no obligation” call directly with Kevin by clicking this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/KV2D2
Review and Subscribe