Our guest for this week’s show is real estate investment expert & serial developer, Patrick Nelson. Patrick is a real estate investor and developer operating 18 student-housing properties at university campuses nationally.
He and his team at Nelson Partners believe that well-positioned housing for students near campus can leverage the economic stability of a major university and cater to demand with less volatility than the macro-economy. His strategy is to target the well-located properties within walking distance of growing universities that fit within the company’s proprietary buying model.
In particular, the company will emphasize value-added opportunities, targeting well-located properties that can be upgraded from extensive renovations with a more contemporary look and feel. The key will be to make cost-effective improvements that students could potentially be willing to pay a higher premium for; helping to raise rents, grow income and appreciate property value.
“This is how you make money in real estate, in my opinion: the word is arbitrage.”
08:45: Overcoming inefficiencies with student housing real estate
13:15: How the difference between college campuses impacts real estate opportunities
15:15: The biggest risk in student housing
19:00: Why walkability is one of the most important indicators of success
21:22: Vertical integration in student housing
23:00: The surprising way that parking garages can help student mental health
28:51: What student housing and multi-family have in common
32:25: Patrick’s advice about project management
37:00: The changes in student housing due to COVID
42:45: Protection from barriers to entry
Guest Website: https://nelsonpartners.com/
- Check out our company and our investment opportunity by visiting www.SunriseCapitalInvestors.com
- Self Directed IRA Investment Opportunity – Click Here To Learn More About How You Can Invest With Us Through Your SDIRA
- Accredited Investors Click Here to learn more about partnering with me and my team on Mobile Home Park deals!
- Grab a free copy of my latest book “The 21 Biggest Mistakes Investors Make When Purchasing their First Mobile Home Park…and how to avoid them MobileHomeParkAcademy.com
- Schedule your free 30 minute “no obligation” call directly with Kevin by clicking this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/KV2D2
Review and Subscribe