Today’s guest is manufactured housing expert Steven Blank. Steven got his start in Manufactured Housing when he was 15 years old, working on a maintenance crew at Franklin Companies. Starting his corporate career in 2011, Steven learned the ins and outs of the business from his family. Learning how to operate during the recession takes a different perspective and mind state.
Once the industry consolidation started, Steven branched out and helped grow two of the fastest-growing operators in the country where he led the operations of multiple large portfolios and was involved in 80 MHC acquisitions/sales. After founding Blank Family Communities in 2019, Steven has helped create the premier third-party management company in manufactured housing. Now managing 5,000 units across the country, Blank Family Communities prides itself on providing safe and affordable housing to their residents and helping their clients achieve maximum profitability through technological efficiencies and industry expertise.
“I realized that I could do property management better myself.”
05:55: How the manufactured housing industry has changed over the years
08:00: How the consolidation race has impacted the industry
09:49: Lessons David learned from the last recession
13:00: Managing collections during an economic downturn
15:35: What sets Blank Family Communities apart from other management companies
18:45: Making the property management process more efficient
20:35: Navigating the housing shortage and employee turnover
26:45: Building trust and alignment as a property manager
31:10: Working with a property manager when renting your manufactured house
Guest Website: https://blankfamilycommunities.com/
- Accredited Investors, you’re invited to Join the Cashflow Investor Club to learn how you can partner with Kevin Bupp on current and upcoming opportunities to create passive cash flow and build wealth. Join the Club!
- If you’re a high net worth investor with capital to deploy in the next 12 months and you want to build passive income and wealth with a trusted partner, go to InvestWithKB.com for opportunities to invest in real estate projects alongside Kevin and his team.
- Looking for the ultimate guide to passive investing? Grab a copy of my latest book, The Cash Flow Investor at KevinBupp.com.
- Tap into a wealth of free information on Commercial Real Estate Investing by listening to past podcast episodes at KevinBupp.com/Podcast.
- Learn more about Kevin’s investment company and opportunities for Lifetime Cashflow at sunrisecapitalinvestors.com.
Review and Subscribe