Our guest for this week’s show is the VP of finance at Open Door Capital, Sydney Barker. Prior to joining Open Door Capital, Sydney served as the Corporate Controller for a $250M IT company as well as a Senior Financial Analyst for a large public insurance company. Her experience includes various merger/acquisitions with private equity firms, ERP implementations, SEC reporting, and cash management and strategy. In addition to her corporate endeavors, Sydney has personal investments in both multifamily apartments and mobile home parks.
Mobile home parks is an asset class where you can get really creative.
06:40: Getting creative with your MHP investments
08:00: Sydney’s first MHP investment and how she’s found value in the deal long-term
19:55: Managing utilities at your mobile home parks
22:50: Sydney’s role at Open Door Capital
27:10: Lessons Sydney has learned from working with a fast-growing firm
31:10: Market-specific challenges Sydney has faced
37:50: Handling rent increases in MHP and apartment properties
- Accredited Investors, you’re invited to Join the Cashflow Investor Club to learn how you can partner with Kevin Bupp on current and upcoming opportunities to create passive cash flow and build wealth. Join the Club!
- If you’re a high net worth investor with capital to deploy in the next 12 months and you want to build passive income and wealth with a trusted partner, go to InvestWithKB.com for opportunities to invest in real estate projects alongside Kevin and his team.
- Looking for the ultimate guide to passive investing? Grab a copy of my latest book, The Cash Flow Investor at KevinBupp.com.
- Tap into a wealth of free information on Commercial Real Estate Investing by listening to past podcast episodes at KevinBupp.com/Podcast.
- Learn more about Kevin’s investment company and opportunities for Lifetime Cashflow at sunrisecapitalinvestors.com.
Review and Subscribe