Charles Dobens is the founder of MultiFamilyInvestingAcademy.com, an educational company with a primary focus on teaching people how to invest successfully in apartment buildings. Charles is also a practicing attorney and started Dobens Law, which offers dedicated legal services to multifamily real estate investors.
Charles dreamt of being a landlord as a small child, and since has owned and operated more than $20 million worth of income producing multifamily apartments. Charles currently owns 200+ apartment units with another 200 currently under contract.
In this interview, Charles walks us step-by-step through his investing career and what he’s learned along the way. This is an extra-long interview that is filled to the brim with loads and loads of great information relating to apartment investing.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How slow and steady apartment investing will make you rich.
- Why outsourcing your property management may not be the best idea.
- Why Charlie loves apartment buildings but stays away from other asset classes (retail, industrial, office, etc)
- How he’s building a high 6-figure cash flow business which he can pass on to his children
- How he can save new apartment investors from the common mistakes and pitfalls associated with this business
- Charles Dobens –MultiFamily Investing Academy and Dobens Law