Today’s Flash Back Friday Episode is from Episode #239, which originally aired on July 23, 2019.
In this episode of the Real Estate Investing for Cashflow podcast, Kevin welcomes commercial real estate and finance expert, Ira Zlotowitz. Ira is the founder and president of Eastern Union Funding, one of the largest national real estate firm with over a hundred real estate professionals and they have closed more than $2.5 billion in just the last twelve months.
Ira talks about Eastern Union Funding as well as one of his more recent ventures, The Ira Group and shares how he built one of the largest brokerages in the country. He explains how lending can actually help in commercial real estate investment and clarifies the advantages of investing from the debt side of things in lieu of the usual syndicated equity investments. Kevin and Ira also discuss how one can be successful in commercial real estate.
“Over time we grew into all other deals, but we don’t forget our roots and we start this way, we find our niche and we double down on that area.”
“As Eastern Union as the broker, we’ll typically work through full transactions, some look at $5 million, $3million or $100 million, we’ll find a lender for that sorts. Through the Ira group, it’s when the lender is looking for participation in loans, primarily bridge loans..”
“I’m gonna bring people that want to participate into loans and bring them to crowdfunding platforms or to individual lenders throughout the country.”
“What I also tell people is that the best deal that you should probably start with, if you’re about to invest equity in the deal, if you’re starting a bit nervous then it might be overpriced, maybe you can sit on that same deal and go to the debt side of that deal.”
“You only want to try to do deals that the initial term are officially only twelve months.”
- 8:02 Ira’s background and the Ira group
- 13:10 Ideal investor
- 19:01 Roadblocks in understanding debt in investment
- 24:04 Time span of bridge loans
- 27:26 Ira talks about staying focused, knowing one’s strengths and weaknesses
- Accredited Investors, you’re invited to Join the Cashflow Investor Club to learn how you can partner with Kevin Bupp on current and upcoming opportunities to create passive cash flow and build wealth. Join the Club!
- If you’re a high net worth investor with capital to deploy in the next 12 months and you want to build passive income and wealth with a trusted partner, go to InvestWithKB.com for opportunities to invest in real estate projects alongside Kevin and his team.
- Looking for the ultimate guide to passive investing? Grab a copy of my latest book, The Cash Flow Investor at KevinBupp.com.
- Tap into a wealth of free information on Commercial Real Estate Investing by listening to past podcast episodes at KevinBupp.com/Podcast.
- Learn more about Kevin’s investment company and opportunities for Lifetime Cashflow at sunrisecapitalinvestors.com.